TERMS OF TRADE FINANCE
Financing of all phases of a foreign trade contract within a letter of credit - from advance payment to payment for installation
Various financing methods:
- post-financing (with no special contractual provisions)
- payment in instalments with the discounting of documents (indicating in a contract the terms of payment by instalments and discounting)
The financing periods range up to 1 year (up to 2 years under contracts with Poland, up to 5 years under contracts with Italy)
WHY TRADE FINANCE?
- The cost of financing is lower than that of direct lending
- Wide geography of transactions (CIS countries, EU countries, Asia, North America)
- A large number of correspondent banks that provide credit lines to Belarusbank
- Fast decision-making on financing
- Low risks of settlements under foreign trade contracts
- Financing up to 100% of the contract value
HOW TO OBTAIN FINANCING?
- Get advice on the draft contract and discuss the preliminary terms of financing at Belarusbank's office
- Upon signing the contract file a request to the servicing branch of the bank (with the contract and financial reporting attached in order to establish the limit of active operations)
- Conclude an agreement on opening and execution of a letter of credit and apply for the letter of credit
- Strong financial position
- Sufficient security
At the pre-contract stage we will be happy to assist you in:
- developing contract sections
- finding optimal settlement terms
- structuring financing schemes
The choice of a payment and financing scheme depends on each specific transaction.
Therefore, before entering into a contract, we recommend that you contact the bank branch or the trade finance department of the bank.
Contacting the bank at the pre-contract stage will ensure the most efficient way of settlement with your foreign partner.
Structured and Trade Finance
International Business Department
Tel.: + 375 (17) 309 06 68, 309 00 07
Fax: + 375 (17) 289 37 82